- My Favorite Movie is “The Way We Were”. It’s got love, heartbreak, and a little history. What could be better? (Does the fact that I sited history as a reason to love this make me nerdy?) Bonus fact: Age of Adeline comes in at a close second.
- My favorite color is yellow! It’s so sunny and bright. It makes me smile. Also, it makes me think of summer (my favorite season) and the beach (see number 16 for more)!
- I have a deep love for Beyoncé. I live for Beyoncé jam sessions. Every Beyoncé song is a good song. Regardless of if you like what she has to say or not you gotta give a girl props for speaking her truth so flawlessly. She’s also a good human, so there’s one more reason to love her.
- Tacos are my love language. I could seriously eat nothing but tacos for the rest of my life and it wouldn’t even be a struggle. I love all tacos. Bring me tacos and I’ll love you forever. Look for a blog on this topic at some point. Maybe a list of places to get good tacos? I’m not sure yet but I could seriously talk about tacos allllllll dayyyyyyy!
- I LOVE to cook!I love making food, and I especially love to bake. I like experimenting with recipes and trying new things.
- Shopping is my obsession and I have no shame. I tend to buy things I don’t need but insist I can’t live without. My happy place is the Target dollar section. You know those cute little note cards they have in there? Yeah I own like every design they have ever made. Do I send cute notes to people in the mail? No I do not, but I have them in case I ever feel the need to. I can’t pass up a good sale even if I don’t really need to spend $25 to get a free pair of bottle opener sunglasses. (Side note: did you know bottle opener sun glasses were even a thing? Me either.)
- My siblings are awesome! My siblings are some of my favorite people in the whole world and I don’t know what I would do without them. More on this topic in a later blog but for now: they’re really cool and fun and I love them!
- Adventure awaits and I’m not very patient. I will go anywhere at least once just to see what is there. My life goal is to travel to every country. The only problem is I have school and a job and a life and oh yeah approximately $6 in my bank account. But other than those minor obstacles the plan is in motion. One day I’ll see all the places and do all the things. Until then I’m very impatiently awaiting the adventures.
- Family is cool and mine is the best. My family is amazing and I don’t know what I’d do without them. I know that if I ever need anything there will always be someone there. Family isn’t just blood relatives it’s also the friends you have that turn into family, and I’ve got a lot of them. So if you’re my family and you’re reading this I love you!
- I will never quit watching Grey’s Anatomy. So, at this point the plot is a little repetitive and the show honestly sucks (kind of a lot), but I’m still going to watch it. I’ve already watched for 13 seasons. I’ve come this far might as well stick it out. Plus, I have to see the ending because I’m super curious: Does Meredith Grey EVER get to be happy? I’m starting to feel like it’s probably not going to happen.
- I love to read! I could spend hours reading. I love biographies, but I also love a good novel. My goal for the year was to read one book a month. I have since amended this to my goal being to just read 12 books by the end of the year. I sometimes have trouble finding time to sleep much less sit down and read a book that isn’t required for a class. It’s going to happen though; I’ll update you at the end of the year.
- I like frozen yogurt. I think frozen yogurt is better than ice cream. This has nothing to do with the fact that it’s ‘healthier’ or anything like that. I don’t really like chocolaty or overly sweet desserts and I like that frozen yogurt has a lot of fruity options. That’s pretty much the only reason. Also, my mom hates frozen yogurt, she thinks it’s over priced and refuses to buy it, I think it’s funny how annoyed she gets when I talk about how I like frozen yogurt. (I love you Mommy!)
- Cheese is the love of my life. I’m very conflicted about this as I type it. I love tacos as previously mentioned but cheese is just so cool. I mean how cheese is made is really cool but also there are so many different kinds. They all look different and have different textures but they’re all still cheese. I think if I could eat anything in the world I would pick cheese or at least something topped with cheese. I feel like the little girl in this video shares my amazement about cheese. Please watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdcI8frmhWA
- I’m so grateful for the Beehive. I’m so glad I get to do college and life with some pretty cool friends by my side. The people who you surround yourself with help shape the kind of person you will become. I’m so glad to have the advise, friendship, and love of the other four Bees in my life. Love you all!
- Venti Iced Vanilla Latte with an Extra Shot. My go to Starbucks order…in case you were wondering.
- I belong to a second family. My second family is one full of crazy characters that I am proud to call my ‘children’. No matter how much it may embarrass me when they act like they are 4 years old and call me mommy in public I secretly love it. The Uington fam gives me life and I don’t know what I’d do without them.
- If I could live anywhere it would be on a beach. I love all things about the ocean and the beach. I love reading on the beach, swimming, building sand castles, and looking for shells. I also love songs that refer the beach/ocean/water. Here’s a few you should check out:
- Walk on the Ocean by Toad the Wet Sprocket
- Cake by the Ocean by DNCE
- Into the Ocean by Blue October
- Toes by Zac Brown Band
- Literally anything off the Kenny Chesney ‘Be As You Are’ album (it’s my secret obsession and summer jam go to)
I hope you enjoyed the first week of The Buzz. Come back next week to read our thoughts on all kinds of fun things.
Have a fabulous weekend